During the North Sea Jazz Festival, access roads and parking spaces get very crowded. We therefore advise you to use the public transport, with which Ahoy is easily accessible. Before you leave, please check the site for updated information about your mode of transport.
During the festival, all your questions about transport facilities and hotel stays can be answered by Service Desk Rotterdam, located next to the entrance gates in the Ahoy entrance hall.
- If you travel to Rotterdam Central Station, you can transfer to a metro which takes you to Ahoy (Zuidplein stop). After the festival, you can make use of the night trains:
- On all nights in the direction of Den Haag/Amsterdam
- On Friday and Saturday nights in the direction of Dordrecht en Breda
- Ahoy Rotterdam is easily reached using the metro and with over 30 different bus lines stopping at the Ahoy. Metro Line D departs from Rotterdam Central Station and Metro Line E is a straight metro from The Haque to Ahoy (stop Zuidplein). Especially for the North Sea Jazz Festival, metro trains have an extended night schedule between Slinge and Rotterdam Central Station until 2.30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday night. On Saturday and Sunday you can also use the regular night buses (so-called “BOB bus”) that can take you to several destinations in and around Rotterdam. Please check for more information.
- In the Rotterdam bus, tram and subway you need the smart card for public transport (“OVchipkaart”). A special throw-away smart card is available for non-residents. Special tickets are available for the night bus (“BOB bus”) for € 4.50 (no smart card needed). Please check for more information.
Public transport scheduling tool
- Visitors can also purchase a Rotterdam Welcome Card. This is a chip card that allows you to travel unlimited for 1, 2 or 3 consecutive days on all metro, tram and bus lines of the RET public transport network. Together with this chip card, you will also receive 54 discount vouchers for attractions, museums, restaurants and places of entertainment. Please check for more information.
- You can find a taxi stand in front of Ahoy.
- Follow the signs ‘P-Ahoy’ which will take you to the nearest available parking area. Since there probably will be a shortage of parking space and many traffic jams towards and from Rotterdam, we advise you to use the public transport facilities such as the train, bus and metro.
jamie star ahoy rotterdam 10 7 2011 north sea jazz
Sheila E @ North Sea Jazz Rotterdam 11-07-2014 -bass/drum ...
Hozier North Sea Jazz Festival Rotterdam, July 12th 2015 ...